Garage Epoxy Floor Coatings
Turn your concrete into a clean, durable and attractive surface
Concrete is a porous material, ready and waiting to soak up any liquid that falls on it. Oil, road salt and just about anything will relentlessly and mercilessly eat away at the concrete. Plus, the floor will also take in (and retain) any fluids that may leak out of your vehicle. All that and we haven't even talked about the crazy temperature extremes! So after a while your concrete garage floor will most likely end up being stained, cracked, pitted, dirty, and, well...Downright ugly!
But what if there were a way to transform your ugly garage floor into a pristine, easy to clean surface?With a garage floor coating installation from Revel Garage, you could have a showroom quality garage floor that you'll definitely want to show off.
The Revel Difference
We offer a full line of industrial-grade epoxy and polyaspartic garage floor concrete coating systems for residential and commercial garages. Our coating systems are designed to transform the garage into a comfortable and clean living space, offering you and your family years of enjoyment while increasing the value of your home.
Our garage floor coating systems utilize a proprietary layering system of resins including polyaspartic floor coating technology. This unique chemistry incorporates only the highest grade resins available to give you a superior performing floor that will stand the test of time. It gives us the capability to install a world class garage floor coating in a matter of days.
Our garage floor coatings offering:
- Chemical Resistant . . . Fully resistant to gasoline, grease, oil and road salts so you'll never have to worry about having a stained, cracked, or pitted floor.
- Abrasion Resistant - Up to 3x more resistant to abrasion than epoxy flooring
- UV Stable... Will not fade or yellow over time typical of most epoxy based applications
- A variety of styles and color options . . . so you can match the floor with your existing decor, taste, and storage system
- Easy clean up . . . so you don't have to use harsh chemicals or much energy getting your floor nice and clean
- A non-slip surface . . . so you're as sure footed as a mountain goat
- A high-quality, professionally installed garage floor coating . . . so you can rest assured your floor will stand up under the pressure of use
So Can I do this myself?
Now, you might be thinking something like: "I've seen whole aisles of concrete floor coatings at my local box store. Surely this is something I can do myself." Well frankly, any handy person could install a garage floor coating using one of the do-it-yourself kits you would find at the big box store.
Consider 3 important factors when deciding between a "DIY" kit and a Professional Flooring Contractor...
1. The prep work - A high quality garage floor coating requires a great deal of prep work. The typical box store kit, will generally only recommend an acid etch solution to prepare the floor for the coating. The acid etch just might get the floor fairly clean, but it doesn't even begin to take care of the sealant and contaminants most concrete garage floors have which will not allow proper adhesion.
Good prep work before the coating is applied is essential for a successful job. Our process includes:
- Proper diamond grinding of the concrete surface in order to create a "profile" so that the coating can properly bond to concrete (an acid etch in many cases is simply not aggressive enough)
- Filling cracks and pits using professional grade materials, to ensure a uniform look when the job is all done
- Testing for moisture vapor emissions and applying moisture mitigating primers prior to application
2. The quality of the coating material - There has been a lot of confusion these days from homeowners looking to put an epoxy finish down on their garage floors. Should it be epoxy paint or an epoxy coating? The term “epoxy paint” came about when epoxy manufactures took notice of the terminology that people were using when searching for epoxy coatings. The DIY public was intermixing the term “paint” with “coating”. So a marketing decision was made and many well known DIY epoxy flooring manufacturers that you see in home improvement centers decided to brand their products as “epoxy paint” since that is what consumers seemed to be calling it. As a result, it has only made things more confusing for the general public. Chances are that when you see something advertised as epoxy paint for your garage, it could be paint or it could be an epoxy coating. This has lead to many people buying a paint product when what they thought they were purchasing was an epoxy product.The average 'big box store' kit has a very small amount of epoxy in the mix and refer to them as 1-Part epoxy paint because you simply open the can and roll it on your floor. DIY floor coating manufacturers use a water based formula because it extends the pot life to make it easier to use for the average consumer to use (pot life is the time you have to work with the coating). Most of those kits are going to be 50%+ water based. Once the floor dries, you're left with a very thin coating that can take up to a week to cure and will most likely peel up especially under hot tires within 12 months.
Many commercial floor coatings, like we use, contain 100% solids, which require experienced personnel, but the results are worth it. A professional flooring job will give you a nice, thick coating that will withstand the tests of time. Epoxy is a two component product consisting of one part epoxy resin and one part polyamine hardener. You have to mix the two together prior to application and you are limited by time and temperature as to how long you have to apply it. Plus you can have full use of your garage again in less than 24 hours!
3. Experienced professional application - Revel Garage has both the experience and know how to create a pristine place for you and your cars. The goal of our trained staff is to give you a beautiful and durable garage floor done right the first time, and something you can be proud of.
Are you ready to see what Revel Garage can do for your garage floor? Give us a call to schedule a free, no obligation in-home consult. Or simply fill out the form on this page and someone will get back to you within 24 hours